Get Protection in Style With a Leather Motorcycle Jacket!
12/17/2007 12:00:00 AM
Adventurers can’t get away from Motorcycling. Beside fun, it gives a kind of satisfaction to these people. The important thing to be kept in mind is that human body needs something strong and tough to protect itself from any mishap or from any environmental factors.
A leather jacket has been the most desirable choice as it gives enough warmth, ventilation and the best protection if you hit the ground. Another apparent reason is that it looks very stylish and cool.
As far as these captivating motorcycle jackets are concerned, one can find them in cowhide and sheepskin both. Because of increased strength and durability, cowhide is a better option.
Here are a few points that might help you in buying a motorcycle jacket.
- Get price quotation from different stores and visit the places that offer quiet reasonable rates. Jacket prices will range according to the style and uses. You can get a custom jacket also.
- Choose a jacket that offers to provide warmth in cold and protect your skin from dryness and any kind of accidents.
- Always select jackets from cowhide and avoid jackets which have been smoothed with wax as these are of poor quality that will spoil soon.
- You can select one with armor. It is made with various combinations of close cell foam and impact absorbing polymers. These pads are placed in the shoulder, elbow and spine regions of the jacket. These jackets are must purchase for those who are sport riders or who commute long on a daily basis.
- Sizing should also be kept in mind. Your motorcycle jacket should be of comfortable fit. It should neither be too tight as it may cause a pain, nor be too loose as air will pass through. If this jacket is too big, you’ll feel a kind of heaviness on your body.
So, with these little things, you can get your dream jacket within your budget. The average lifetime of a good jacket is from 3 to 7years at the most. A well-maintained top quality leather motorcycle jacket will last for more than ten years. Enjoy your ride in style!
Also, review our favorite collection of First Gear Jackets from FirstGear manufacturers.
more news »